The Cyber Security Defender pathway is a combination of online courses that will prepare you to be job-ready as a Cyber Security Analyst and Penetration Tester. The pathway is free for military veterans and spouses or $3000 AUD + GST.
Cyber Security is an exciting constantly evolving industry and is often thought of as being divided into two main technical categories, offensive and defensive security - Red Team and Blue Team respectively - which are simply umbrella terms for a range of duties within each side. Red Team involves attacking/hacking a client’s network similar to how an adversary would. While the Blue Team secure, monitor, set decoys for hackers, and investigate further once an attack has occurred. There is a vast range of functions under the blue team umbrella, and it is easy to see the importance these have in securing our resources against adversaries.
Think you are a good fit?
You need to understand the enemy, recognise patterns of behaviour, develop and execute a course of action and write a threat report. The tech skills required for the job can be learnt in just a few weeks.
The WYWM Cyber Defender pathway introduces trainees to the Blue Team defensive tactics, as well as the Red Team attacking tactics, with the initial modules consisting of online training content and assessments.
The training starts off with three (3) prerequisites before moving onto Cyber Security Analyst Course. These are:
- Networking Fundamentals
- IT Fundamentals
- Linux Fundamentals
Altogether, these three (3) courses should be able to be completed in a 3 week period. They're self-paced, no assignments are included in these courses. Once complete you will have the option to complete the Linux System Administration course.
Upon completion of these courses, you will move onto our Cyber Security Analyst course (12 weeks).
Where can you work as a Cyber Security Analyst?
- Cybersecurity operations centre (CSOC)
- Medium to large organisations as part of the security team
- Small to medium businesses
- Specialised projects
What will you learn?
- Cybersecurity industry and landscape
- Information security events and data breaches
- Security applications and systems
- Foundational security principles
- Foundational technical knowledge
- Concerns and hardening of different environments
- Capability and operations of ID's IP's and SIEM's
- Security models, standards and policies
- Monitoring systems for alerts and systems
- Incident response
- Planning a Penetration Test
- Creating and/or selecting tools to utilise during testing
- Interrogating and testing networks, applications, and systems
If you would like to know more you can schedule a time for the Veteran Success team to give you a call. Just schedule a time with your preferred career coach using this link.