The Cyber Security Analyst course is a 12-week online course that will prepare you to be job-ready as a Tier 1 Cyber Security Analyst. The course is free for military veterans and spouses or $3000 AUD + GST.
Cyber Security Analytics is an exciting constantly evolving industry and is often thought of as being divided into two main technical categories, offensive and defensive security - Red Team and Blue Team respectively - which are simply umbrella terms for a range of duties within each side. Red Team involves attacking/ hacking a client’s network similar to how an adversary would. While the Blue Team secure, monitor, set decoys for hackers, and investigate further once an attack has occurred. There is a vast range of functions under the blue team umbrella, and it is easy to see the importance these have in securing our resources against adversaries.
Some blue team roles involve
• Incident Responder
• Security Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst
• Security Awareness Advisor
• Security Operation
• Threat Intelligence
Security Analyst Training
The WYWM Security Analyst pathway introduces trainees to the Blue Team defensive tactics, with the initial modules consisting of 60 hours online training content and assessments.
Think you are a good fit?
You need to understand the enemy, recognise patterns of behaviour, develop and execute a course of action and write a threat report. The tech skills required for the job can be learnt in just a few weeks.
Where can you work as a Cyber Security Analyst?
- Cybersecurity operations centre (CSOC)
- Medium to large organisations as part of the security team
- Small to medium businesses
- Specialised projects
What will you learn?
- Cybersecurity industry and landscape
- Information security events and data breaches
- Security applications and systems
- Foundational security principles
- Foundational technical knowledge
- Concerns and hardening of different environments
- Capability and operations of ID's IP's and SIEM's
- Security models, standards and policies
- Monitoring systems for alerts and systems
- Incident response