The Process Discovery methodology is supported by three distinct steps. The First Step is Triage.
identifying the level 1 processes that would be good candidates for automation and prioritising can be achieved by heat mapping to identify the following characteristics
- Complexity of Tech Infrastructure
- Maturity and complexity of processes
- Level of digitisation
- level of throughput
the higher degree of these characteristics the higher automation potential.
the second step of triage should focus on one of the following
- Return on Investment (time saved of business unit)
- Business Improvement (data accuracy and efficiency)
- Customer Satisfaction (product or information turnaround)
- Risk Mitigation
it is generally recommended that only one of these is selected initially and additional benefits are realised as the development matures.